Monday, December 31, 2007

Little Yoshiwara Susano-o Shinto Shrine

Now this is more like it - immersion! From the very moment I arrive. I'm totally surrounded by a beautiful build build that really does make me feel like I'm there. Also very convenient was the notecard and landmark giver right next to me when I TP in. The notecard provides an overview of the group that owns this build and also an overview of Shinto as well.

Shinto_001

I meander along a pretty path that winds between the blossom trees and come to a shrine. Again, there are notecards to explain what I would do to prepare for a ritual. It's very pleasant with babbling water coming from a fountain, bells and birdsong.

Shinto_002_001

I wander back along the path by the stream until I come to the bridge next to where I first arrived. I cross over the stream and into the Dharma Gate Monastery.

No comments: